Place to paint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Justin63

Does anyone know of a place in San Diego where I can get my boat out of the water to bottom paint? I would rather do it myself so I can use more $$$ for renovations, rather than dropping almost a grand to have someone else screw it up. It shouldn't take that long, as the previous owners have had the bottom cleaned about every other week or so. I want to change up the color a little bit, and they said that the bottom hadn't been painted in at least 2 years. Right now, it's maroon, then white above the water line, and then another faded maroon stripe along the top. I would like to paint it completely black, with a fire-engine red stripe along the top. Pretty much the same paint job that's on the Star Of India. :) Also, if there IS a place that I can do this, do you know roughly what the fees are? Thanks!

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
None of the boat yards...

In San Diego are Do-It-Yourself. The yard near me in Chula Vista won't allow owners to perform any work on their own boats. Lame, to say the least. It is possible that the yard in Oceanside might be DIY. Give them a call and if so, sail on up and stay the week. Nice marina, can't wait to get my slip there.

Status
Not open for further replies.