Piggy-back a holding tank for a Pearson 303?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SaltiNeil

I am a new owner of a 1983 Pearson 303 which I haven't launched yet. The only upgrade I want to make this year is the holding tank. There is an 8 gallon hard tank under the forward starboard settee which I think is woefully inadequate in capacity. My experience with other boats suggests something around a 14 gallon to accomodate 2 people for three days. I have looked online at many holding tank configurations and can't find anything bigger to accomodate the triangular shape and confines of the current tank location. Is it possible to add a tank, perhaps in the abutting settee just to the aft (there is a bladder tank for water there now)? Any suggestions on how to plumb the annex? Seems to me it would be just a hose from the bottom of one to the other and maybe a vent hose. Could such a set-up be properly pumped out? I want to avoid elaborate plumbing modifications that would be required if I move the tank to under the v-berth or forward of the head, and of course keep lines as short as possible. Anyone's advice is certainly appreciated. Neil

B

Bob

tankage

Neil, The OEM was a flexible Nauta tank of 14 gals. That is what I used to replace mine, fits perfectly. I suggest you rip out the hard tank and go back to the way it was designed. Linking 2 tanks together is an invitation for smells--every joint is a potential source. Bob

J

John Gilbert

I agree...

I have the original tank in the orignal location, which is immediately aft of the head, under the settee. It works very well in that location and holds plenty for several days. I would worry about trying to link two tanks together for the reasons that Bob cited. John

Status
Not open for further replies.