Pictures of Hunter 212 rudder please?

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
The rudder on my 212 appears to have been "beefed up" by some well-intentioned former owner. It looks to have had additional aluminum welded onto the head, to prevent the rudder from ever kicking up. I'm thinking that this is probably not the ideal rig for some of the shallow areas where I plan to sail the boat.

I found a sketch of the original design in the owner's manual, but it really doesn't give me the detail that I need to figure out what this thing originally looked like. I'm trying to develop a sufficient understanding of the original design so that I will be able to make an informed decision on the choice between restoring the original rudder to it's former state, or buying an aftermarket kick-up rudder to replace it.

If a couple of 212 owners would be willing to post a few pictures of their rudder heads, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jim

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
Thank You Dave
RudderHeadAft.jpg
RudderHeadFront.jpg
RudderHeadStarboard.jpg

I think that I probably have extra bolts added & I think that the board is epoxied in.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
send me your phone number and of course location so I do not call early or late. I am on the east coast. Your information is never divulged.
It looks like two bolts holding rudder down permanently which suggest more than what you realize from previous owner

Crazy Dave