Pics of Our New Cushions WOW Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2011
Hunter 23 Mactaquac Sail Marina
Well here are the pics of our brand new cushions for the whole boat and WOW they are beautiful! Thanks to Bob and Marcie Winkler at US Yacht Cushions 1-727-322-5352 Saint Petersburg, Florida 33713 they were absolutely the best to work with. I got a quote where I live in Fredericton, New Brunswick Canada @ $3500 taxes in, I contacted Bob and my quote all in including new foam, shipping, and duty was $1500 and it's sunbrella to, I definitely can not brag enough about our new cushions. I asked if extra throw cushions could be made as well as some extra fabric to make curtians and you can see the cushions in the pics, I haven't yet got the cutains up, next chore! If you need cushions I would highly recommend to contact Bob or Marcie at USYC@aol.com you definitely will not be disappointed!

Cheers,
Lorry
Hunter23

P.S. I put one before pic in there just to show the difference, it's HUGE I think!

Attachments

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
And next time you talk to Bob be sure to tell him he should pay for his advertising here. :)

Jun 4, 2011
That is my fault, I never realized that this information couldn't be shared. We are just so happy that we wanted to share the info with everyone and hopefully they could be just as pleased with their product. Please accept my apologies.

MrUnix

Mar 24, 2010
Hunter 23 Gainesville, FL
Gotta agree with you.. Bob and Marcie are great to work with and do a fantastic job.. My H23 had no cushions at all when I purchased it, so I had USYC make me a new set a couple of months ago. Hardest part was picking the fabric! I'd post some pictures, but I'm still cleaning up the cabin and don't want to put the cushions in yet :naughty:

Cheers,
Brad

Jun 4, 2011
I agree it was real hard picking the pattern, finally we agreed on something and were extremely pleased. When you get the cushions in Brad take some pictures it always nice to see different pics :)

Cheers,
Lorry

MrUnix

Mar 24, 2010
Hunter 23 Gainesville, FL
I agree it was real hard picking the pattern, finally we agreed on something and were extremely pleased.
We actually contacted the fabric manufacturer/distributer directly and had them send some sample sheets of the fabrics we liked so we could see the full range of colors available. Wound up going with a very high abrasion resistant polyolefin fabric in royal blue, which USYC then ordered for us (along with a few extra yards for additional projects we had in mind).

I'm curious though.. from your pictures, it looks like the settee cushions don't have any buttons on them like the originals do. Did you ask to leave the buttons off or is it just the picture?

Cheers,
Brad

Jun 4, 2011
There are actually no buttons. Marcie did send us buttons however she suggested that the material was a bit more delicate than the original material and buttons may not work. I think we are going to leave them off as it usually will only ever be the two of us on the boat anyway and I can't forsee any mishaps.
I will look forward to seeing your pics :)

Cheers,
Lorry

Mar 2, 2011
Compac 14 Charleston, SC
It's nice to know they are a good vendor with fair prices. I don't think it's "advertising" to pass along good experiences on a forum like this.

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
And next time you talk to Bob be sure to tell him he should pay for his advertising here. :)
Phil:

That is funny that you mention this. I told him exactly the same thing.

Why would you pay for something that you get absolutely for FREE?

Actually he misses a LOT of business that he may get if he had ads on this site.

Jun 4, 2011
Well the fact is they are absolutely awesome, haven't seen anything negative about them, and hopefully some other sailboat owner will find the info useful and be just as happy :)

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
I'm just kidding guys, of course we want people to pass along positive experiences (that's why there's a big smily face). The is just an inside joke between USYC and I. I agree, they did a great job and they're very nice folks.

Jun 4, 2011
Your cushions look great, love the pattern on the sunbrella. Seems to be the hardest part is picking the pattern out!

Jun 4, 2011
Thanks Jonny Quest appreciate that, we love the new look however we still need to tweak the wood working all in good time I guess, have to enjoy sailing as well :)

Jun 28, 2011
Catalina 22 Lake Wallenpaupak
I want to thank you for posting your pictures and the contact information for Marcy. My Wild Child sunk and needs new cushions. I have sent off an email to them and hopefully will be doing business with them. This site is so informative (especially for new sailors like me). Your cushions look great as does your cabin.

Jun 4, 2011
Hi Nursemnr,
Your welcome, I am glad that they were helpful. We absolutely love our new cushions, have overnighted now several times and are thankful that they suggested we should use a thicker foam for our front berth. I am hoping that we will have some spare time over the winter to spend on cabin. This site has been amazing, like you we are new to sailing and can find out pretty much anything you are looking for and if not then it's just a matter of asking, someone will have the answer for you.
Cheers and happy sailing,
Lorry

Status
Not open for further replies.