PHRF Rating on a 26.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeb

I know the PHRF ratings are different across the country, but I'd like to find out if there's some sort of ball park handicap for my Hunter 26.5 and does anyone know the difference my keel makes? I believe it's a wing keel . . . (shoal keel?.

Rick

Oct 5, 2004
Hunter 420 Passage San Diego

Lake Ontario says 186 for the wing keel. They don't have rating for other keel configurations.

T

takyurbestshot

dam scoundrels

Wat kin o kokamani qwessen isat? Evrybod hoos annybod nose dose damn h26.5s is slowa dan moleass in jawary. roun heer nun odem can barrly sale to desory rating o 240, we hafta let em git ten minutes hedstart or it gits dark an we no can see wat de duin an din al hel brak loos. wons it get dark dey slip ahed an win de dam ras, nobod see notin. dam varmits

L

Leslie Thompson

Parrot Party PHRF Rating

I've got a PHRF rating at The Sarasota Sailing Squadron of 175. We race Friday night and Sunday series "true cruisers" class weekly. And by the way, we're back at the mooring and having beers before we see any other sails coming across the line... And we got some fast boats in Sarasota Bay.

C

Chuck Johnson

Hunter 26.5 rating

Don't know how you figure things in the rest of the country, but here in Northern California a Hunter 26.5 (produced between 1985-1987, so as NOT to be confused with a Hunter 26)our rating is 207. Note: when we were racing non-spinnaker, our offset gave us a rating of 221. Hope this helps!

C

Chuck Johnson

Hunter 26.5 rating - II

Oops, made a mistake. Our rating without spinnaker was 219.

B

Bee Bednar

Galveston Bay Rating

In Galveston Bay the 265 rating is 198. We have only been racing for about a year, but still tend to come in somewhere around third. I have all new sails, (loose footed main, e.g.) on her which probably makes a big difference for the moment. Boat is kind of average, but the fractional rig means that she must be sailed like a J24. A lot of extra work needs to be done to the rig: Pole uphaul and downhaul, cunningham, outhaul adjustments must be added. Basically the keel really should be extended another foot. Too much crabbing with the shoal keel.

Status
Not open for further replies.