Photoday!! A September Sunrise on the water.

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
Finding ourselves in the eastern half of the Fox Island Thoroughfare with a forecast of a light to nothing Northerly breeze, where should we anchor for the night?

Anywhere. It's all good. Except for an occasional boat wake, it would a millpond on the broad thoroughfare.

Hang on, boat wakes?: Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning, I don't recall seeing a single boat pass,....

Peering out at 5:30 am, the rising sun bled over Deer Isle on the far eastern horizon. You could hear a pin drop on deck.
September sunrise._.jpg

We kindled the first fire of the season to take the chill off. Hard to believe last month (Aug), we wished for AC on a few hot afternoons.
Fireplace, lamp_.jpg

It took a long while for the sun to burn the dew off the decks.
September morning_.jpg
A nearby century window on an old shed, facing the sea.
Old window that faces the sea._.jpg
There was just enough wind to very slowly, sail my favorite stretch of water. The short trip lasted for hours.
September morning mizzen wake.jpg
Homeward Bound under leaden clouds. October, begins.
September blue and leaden clouds.jpg

Last edited:

nat55

Feb 11, 2017
Gulfstar 1979 Gulfstar 37 BELFAST
Nice pics as usual Tom. We had a quiet weekend sail over to the Castine area from Belfast. After making breakfast we moved from Smith Cove around the bend to Holbrook Island and took a nice walk around one section of the park.
This pic is of the little cove where there are a couple of guest moorings. Not many other boats around.....
TCC.jpg

This is the small island that we occasionally hike on...
PANORAMA.jpg

Boat comes out next week so I'll be hanging on to these memories all winter...