PHEW ....!! I'm in

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
Got launched on Tuesday...Immediately noticed an over heating issue. Only had to motor a short distance from the ramp to the floats. Spent hours checking out possibilities. Finally removed the thermostat..... NOPE... So I closed up for the night. During the overnight I came up with 2 possible causes. The water heater was replaced off season. Air in the lines? So with a 50 cc irrigating syringe both loop lines to the heater were freed. I injected antifreeze in one line until it came out of the other...Hooked the lines back in place and started up.... VIOLA ! Ran cold as a mother -in-laws breathe ... Motored to step my mast with no or little movement of the temp gauge. Today I'll reinstall the thermostat, hang the boom and sails and who knows... maybe a shake down.. ~~(\_~~

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
Sabre 402 Southport, CT
Captain Aubrey plays a cello. You have a viola?
We went in Monday. Our mooring is an hour's motor from our haulout site so we checked the motor over the weekend so as not to have any surprises.

Attachments

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
UPDATE....UPDATE

First thing aboard this morning the thermostat was replaced. The engine started and temp gauge monitored. it rose to 160 and held steady..... Charged up the batteries and kept watch on that gauge.. No change...
Then with the wind fighting me, the Genoa and main sails were hung. Would have loved to go for a sail, but I was bushed and the season so young...