Perko swivel hasps

rukidn

Apr 23, 2012
Catalina 310 258 Sandusky, OH
Has anyone replaced the Perko swivel hasps on their cockpit / anchor lockers? The standard Perko chrome plated zinc replacement are flat, and those on most lockers have been bent or curved to fit. It is easy to see the fractures in the chrome plating due to the bending, thus the premature corrosion.

I can replace with same (Perko1194DP0CHR), bend, and expect same life. OR Is their a better form fit function choice that anyone has found to fit? Same screw holes?
Perko.jpg

Last edited:

KZW

May 17, 2014
Catalina 310 #307 Bluewater Bay, FL
Make, model, where did you get them?

Are they latching?

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
Has anyone replaced the Perko swivel hasps on their cockpit / anchor lockers? The standard Perko chrome plated zinc replacement are flat, and those on most lockers have been bent or curved to fit. It is easy to see the fractures in the chrome plating due to the bending, thus the premature corrosion.

I can replace with same (Perko1194DP0CHR), bend, and expect same life. OR Is their a better form fit function choice that anyone has found to fit? Same screw holes?
View attachment 150185
Ours don’t have any corrosion issues 18 years later, but I’ve whacked my shins on those plenty of times. Wouldn’t mind a better solution.

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
Oct 17, 2011
Catalina 310 USA

View attachment 150185
I went through this last year and just did some trial and error with bending them...worked so far.