Perkins 4.107 or 4.108 fuel lines

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Should anyone come across a set of the 4 high pressure fuel lines that feed the injectors on the above subject Perkins, I would appreciate letting me know.

Keeping my engine running for a few more years would be a real help.

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
torresen marine 231-759-859. muskegon mi. family owned

manitowoc marine 920-682-5117 rich larson - owner

irish boat shop. chalevoix, mi. 231-547-9967. family owned

i'd start my scavenger hunt there. they all do many repower jobs and stash old engines.

there are some used perkins engine shops on the eastern seaboard that my dealer uses for parts. google should help.

CYQK

Sep 11, 2009
beneteau first 42 kenora
Bought mine from a perkins dealer on the west coast was a difficult find at the time
If you need a contact let me know will look it up for you

jssailem

Oct 22, 2014
Yes @CYQK , a contact would be nice. So far contact with the West Coast Perkins distribution center has yielded nothing. Part discontinued. Why I opened up my query here.

JamesG161

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Since Perkins = Volvo Penta I have a spot for Volvo Penta.
Jim...

CYQK

Sep 11, 2009
beneteau first 42 kenora
jsailem
If you had asked that question last week i would have had the receipt here at my shop
Took all my engine files back to the boat couple days ago and then the mother of all winter storms bashed our area
Will make a special trip over to the marina and dig up the receipt..it will have all the part numbers there for you today or tommorrow

jssailem

Oct 22, 2014
Thanks CYQK. It is a work in progress. I just got my Injectors back from the shop. Serviced and ready to install.

In discovering the broken injector hold downs, I also see that the studs for the hold downs are bent.
  • Not sure if a former mechanic overtightened the hold downs and bent the studs,
  • the engine over heated and the broken hold downs bent the studs while the engine was running
I have replacement studs being sent. Recognizing that the high pressure lines for the 4.107 are difficult to find, my query is about getting a spare set incase as I put the system back together I discover another problem.

Appreciate the help.

So far
  • the west coast distributor has no answer.
  • I checked with TadMarine. Got a nice note, "send us your fuel lines and we can try to have the shop make some. Shop is back logged 8 weeks."
  • Email sent to the Parts4Engines, the shop in industrial heart land of England. Awaiting response.
Was thinking with our diverse SBO community that someone might come across a discarded engine and be able to salvage the fuel lines before the engine is junked.

Thanks for your help.

CYQK

Sep 11, 2009
beneteau first 42 kenora
So......
Went to the boat and found the receipts
Trans Atlantic had three of the four called injection lines: 35343104 36.00
35343102 61.oo
35343103 35.00
Purchased in 2015 these three seemed at the time to be easy to find
had to go to Perkins pacific in Ridgefield Wash 360-887-3311 Talked to Jay Nelson
Pn: 35343101 $47.00 This one was hard to find but they had it no prob

Otherwise TAD can custom fab ones for you they are in Virginia
Hoped this helped
WOW had to dig through a foot of fresh snow to get up to the boat no global warming today!!!
These were numbers for 4.108 assume they are the same

jssailem

Oct 22, 2014
I am thinking the same thing. 4107 and 4108 use same lines.

Jay has moved on from Pacific Power. He was a good parts man. Dave is in his place. Also had been helpful but less experienced than Jay.

Thanks for bravery in the face of winter. That ground hog was off in his prediction.

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
john, my 66, 107 has different lines than the early 80's 107 my bud gave me for a parts engine when he repowered. that said, i did need a line from it. it was different. my mech said he could not rebend it. i said, screw that i'll get done. we then did. tap tap tap. :cool:. when there's a will theres a way.

life is a scavenger hunt when we own old boats. every marina i sail into i look around.

hell, tom invited me to a alden get together a few years ago, out east.. at three A.M. there were prolloy loads of custom spare parts i want. ;)

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
I had the 108 on my old generator, it took several try’s to get the proper line because Kohler used a mechanical pump for fuel, or something like that. Any way I sold the generator but only after putting two new lines on it. :banghead: