performance of a C-36

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Robeson

I have a 1986 C-36 with a M-25XP universel 21HP engine. What kind of performance do other C-36's get? I can motor at 2500 rpm's at about 6 kts or about 6.5 kts WOT. How does this compare to other C-36's. It seems slow to me. Bob

C

Chuck

whoops

Sorry about those other two blanks. Hit enter rather than tab. I have 88 model with same engine. Cruise at about 2800 rpm. approx speed 6.7. I used to get about 6.3 until I cleaned the bottom, sanded old paint and put on VC-17. I always gain about .5 to 1 knot when changing to this paint. Very popular around here on Lake Michigan. Good Luck.

M

Mark Johnson

That's about right

I had a 1985 with the 21hp Universal and thats about all I could get too. It would overheat if I ran it too hard. Forget about running WOT it would overheat in two minutes. MPJ

A

Art Golden

I have a '93 C-36...with more HP. One thing you can do to improve speed is to check you prop pitch. A slight adjust will help increas speed without increasing RPM's

G

Gary Jensen

36 Performance.

I just sold my 1986 catalina 36. You can tweak it a little more if you sand and smooth bottom with slick racing paint. Additionally you can upgrade your heat exchanger to a retrofit larger one to fight overheating at high RPM. You may gain 1/2 knot but that would be about all. Good luck Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.