Pelican Hooks for Lifelines

Jan 13, 2015
Hunter 34 Deep Bay, BC
My relatively new-to-me Hunter 34 has pelican hooks on the lifelines, and the PO lost the one for the swim ladder gate. I've tried to find a replacement, but these things appear to be - bizarrely, because I can't think of a reason for it - left hand threads. I've looked at every one on the boat, and they're all like that. Is there any option other than to go to Hunter, or to get a rigger to make a new line? Apparently, pelican hooks have gone out of favor and are not easily found anymore. Especially with a LH thread.

Thanks for any help. Note that I'm in Tokyo flying home to Vancouver, so I may be somewhat slow on responses for a couple of days.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
If your Hunter is an older boat, contact this forum store to see if they can help you. If not there are other sources but the orginial rigging/gear came from Seco Souh in the Tampa area and ask for Jean.

Jeff

Sep 29, 2008
Hunter 33.5 Carlyle Lake in Central Illinois
Our boat has left-handed threads also. I've replaced my life lines using these guys. (www.riggingonly.com/) I found them priced fairly and very responsive. They show several types of pelican hooks on their website. If Sailboat Owners doesn't have them you may give Rigging Only a try.

richk

Jan 24, 2007
Marlow-Hunter 37 Deep Creek off the Magothy River off ChesBay
i replaced lifelines on my h35 legend with non vinyl coated multistrand lifelines prepared by WM. they provided pelican hooks. old style hooks are a pain....ensuring they lock is difficult with slip on keeper. newer ones with postive, spring loaded keeper is better

Aug 15, 2013
Hunter 35.5 Legend 003 San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
A good place for something like this is where I get some of my SS parts:
and they have 20% off on Every Item with COUPON n5420 on www.marinepartdepot.com

I have always been please with the parts and service from them. A bale on WM for $50 is $10 here. The new style lifeline for $15 versus 50-60 at WM....

LuzSD

Feb 21, 2009
Catalina 30 San Diego/ Dana Point, Ca.
We have the same ones Kloudie has and love them. Strong, easy, beautiful.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
I've tried to find a replacement, but these things appear to be - bizarrely, because I can't think of a reason for it - left hand threads.
Do a search on the entire web to find exactly the same hooks as you already have. There are dozens of different shapes and sizes. I know what you mean about threads .............. not sure of why they are both RH and LH but most hooks seem come in both directions and then top it off with a lock nut.

Any ideas why out there :confused: :confused: :confused: