Peek a Boo shutters

Sep 5, 2019
Hunter 386 Rock Hall
Looking for ways to help AC work more effectively and saw shutters by Zarcor. Want to start by putting them on my opening ports. Any anecdotal reports on how well these work to keep out heat Would be appreciated.

Sep 25, 2008
Macgregor & Island Packet VENTURE 25 & IP-38 NORTH EAST, MD
I have them on the ports in both heads. Keeps the sun from shining in, which in turn keeps them cooler than the rest of the boat. I have found that having sunbrella covers for the deck hatches really helps to keep the inside temp lower.

Sep 5, 2019
Hunter 386 Rock Hall
I have them on the ports in both heads. Keeps the sun from shining in, which in turn keeps them cooler than the rest of the boat. I have found that having sunbrella covers for the deck hatches really helps to keep the inside temp lower.
I am debating whether to go with Sunbrella or the shutters for the deck hatches. My greatest concern is to help A/c in cooling boat. Do you have the regular or room darkening shutters?

Sep 25, 2008
Macgregor & Island Packet VENTURE 25 & IP-38 NORTH EAST, MD
I have the regular ones. Another thing I did to cool down the interior, was to make covers for all my ports with the thin, tin foil covered bubble wrap insulation from Lowes. I traced one of my screens and cut it out a tad bigger so it would be a tight fit in the port. They will fall out if the port is open and there is wind, but I plan to put them in when I leave the boat. It doesn't look as nice as the Zarcor product, but a 25' roll was about half the cost of one Peek-a-Boo.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
I have sunbrella covering my opening hatches and also protect the hatches from sun damage,
I also have peek a boo on all my small ports but best to cover all ports and keep sun out.
Nick