Pearson 39-2 Deck moisture and owners manual

Jun 29, 2011
Pearson 26 Brunswick
Hello
I am in the final stages of deciding whether to purchase a 1987 Pearson 39-2.
It appears that the moisture ingress and deck delamination along and about 6-8 inches up from the toe rail. This top skin delamination and moisture damage may be a result of the interface of the toe rail to the deck joint - I have been told that Pearson used plywood beneath this section of the deck. I have three questions: 1) Can anyone confirm the construction of this area of the deck, and 2) has anyone put more drain holes in the toe rail to attempt to improve the moisture draining from the deck - and if so what did you do and how did it work out? Finally 3) can anyone share with me a digital copy of the original owners manual?
Thank you
Most of the delamination does not appear structural but certainly appears to be a concern since the boat is in the very far north eat

inprin

Sep 9, 2014
Pearson 39-2 New Bern
Andy, I can scan in the original owners manual. Send me your email.

Popps

Aug 4, 2019
Pearson 39-2 Detroit
I know this is an old thread but I just bought a 1988 Pearson 39-2 with zero documentation from the 2nd owners. Is there anyway you still have the owners manual saved that you can email me?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Welcome @Popps to the forum. Congratulations on your new boat. We look forward to hearing about your adventures and pictures of the boat.