Pearson 28-2 Wanabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Ontario Guy

Good day: First post. Last year I was searching for a Pearson 27 but was sidetracked when I saw a the Pearson 28-2 on a website. I am now very interested in that boat! A few questions if I may: what might I specifically look for that has failed or been updated by most owners? How does the 28-2 perform in races? What is her PHRF (generally)? Is the traveller in the forward part of the cockpit or on top of the cabin? (Can it accommodate a dodger?) Did they come with an emergency tiller? Are they all steering wheels vice tiller? So many questions, so little time :) Any leads on late model ones for sale would be very much appreciated. (I'm in Ontario!!) Any additional comments about the boat from 28-2 users would be most welcomed. Thanks in advance, very much.

Ontario Guy

Cappep

Jan 22, 2008
Pearson 303 Penetanguishene ON
Pearson 28-2

Where in Ontario are you? I am on lake Simcoe and have a 303 but there is a 28-2 in the club and I am sure that you could look if you wanted to.

Charlie

Y

yaz32066

A possibility for you

Good day: First post. Last year I was searching for a Pearson 27 but was sidetracked when I saw a the Pearson 28-2 on a website. I am now very interested in that boat! A few questions if I may: what might I specifically look for that has failed or been updated by most owners? How does the 28-2 perform in races? What is her PHRF (generally)? Is the traveller in the forward part of the cockpit or on top of the cabin? (Can it accommodate a dodger?) Did they come with an emergency tiller? Are they all steering wheels vice tiller? So many questions, so little time :) Any leads on late model ones for sale would be very much appreciated. (I'm in Ontario!!) Any additional comments about the boat from 28-2 users would be most welcomed. Thanks in advance, very much.

Ontario Guy
Hello:

I am selling a Pearson 28 -1 in order to buy a Pearson 33. I know it is not the 2nd model but if you are looking for a great sailing boat that has won lots of races, you will like this one. It has a wheel & emergency tiller, traverler (Harken) mounted on cabin top, PHRF 192, (beats the II model). I am in Sandusky, OH. I have pictures on Craigslist in Cleveland. Super condition. Love the boat but my wife would like a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.