Pearson 27 porthole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Groshong

SBO Staff
Staff member
Jan 25, 2007
Catalina 22 Seattle
Does anybody know the manufacturer of this combination fixed and opening port on a 1987 Pearson 27?

Happy 4th of July everyone!

Attachments

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Dave, I'm sure you've identified the opening port as a Beckson (or perhaps a Gray). It looks like they just installed it inside the fixed outer portlight which had holes cut where the opening port was located.

Or are you looking for the plastic trim inside?

Dave Groshong

SBO Staff
Staff member
Jan 25, 2007
Catalina 22 Seattle
Hi Stu, it is not a Beckson or Gray, or the predecessor to Gray, the PiHy's, but thanks. There are no markings at all, the dogs do look like Gray. This is the 2nd customer in as many weeks with this boat, I think it came this way from the factory, actually the other one had a slider in the middle instead of a flip up opening port.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Dave, interesting. The dogs look like the old Becksons too, until I swapped them out for the newer flip latches. I still have a few of the old ones left where I couldn't get clearance for the new flippers with the wood trim below.

Sep 5, 2007
MacGregor 26X Rochester
Does anybody know the manufacturer of this combination fixed and opening port on a 1987 Pearson 27?
It's a Beckson PB525 series, with optional inside rain louver. Some Becksons have the knobs, while most have the cams. I just installed a pair of small opening Beckson ports which came with the knobs. I've also installed the inside louver on a boat I no longer own, which replaces the screen but has its own bug screen.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.