Passageway curtain doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2010
Macgregor 22 Island Park
I am interested how people with a Catalina 25 replaced the passage way curtain doors between the head, forward berth, and saloon. I have seen pictures of people replacing them with a very similar system, but made out of plastic instead of wood. Are regular fabric curtains also recommended, or do they blow around too much, and is privacy compromised by them. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Nov 19, 2008
Catalina C-22 MK-II Parrish, FL
Potty-Privacy

We have a cloth curtain on our C-22 MK-II version. There are a couple small pieces of velcro strips sewn onto the center edges. Holds the curtain shut, even with the forward hatch open and a gentle breeze coming through the cabin. Maybe this would work also on your C-25?

Don

Attachments

Mar 19, 2011
Catalina C25 Eagle Mountain Lake
I am interested how people with a Catalina 25 replaced the passage way curtain doors between the head, forward berth, and saloon. I have seen pictures of people replacing them with a very similar system, but made out of plastic instead of wood. Are regular fabric curtains also recommended, or do they blow around too much, and is privacy compromised by them. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I've seen several solutions....from custom cut accordion doors, to shower curtains, to solid doors....to nothing at all.

May 12, 2010
Macgregor 22 Island Park
We have a cloth curtain on our C-22 MK-II version. There are a couple small pieces of velcro strips sewn onto the center edges. Holds the curtain shut, even with the forward hatch open and a gentle breeze coming through the cabin. Maybe this would work also on your C-25?

Don
The curtains look great Capt! I think I found what I was looking for at the Sear's website. They have sliding folding PVC wood finish doors that can be cut to size. I was originally thinking about doing what you did, but both the wife and I have zero sewing skills. Thank you for your input, and happy sailing!

May 12, 2010
Macgregor 22 Island Park
I've seen several solutions....from custom cut accordion doors, to shower curtains, to solid doors....to nothing at all.
Hi Joe! As you probably can see from my response to the Capt., I think I found a solution. The original wood weave doors where in pretty bad shape, and I really did want to salvage them because they just seemed to fit so well, but it's a lost cause. I also like the PVC aspect of the new ones, easy cleaning, no mold, etc.. On a side note, I am really LOVING this Catalina. I have had 2 Macgregors in the past, and I don't have a bad word to say about them, but the Catalina is laid out so well. The more I work on her, the more I am finding myself impressed by her. She is also a really solid boat as well! When I get her all cleaned up, I plan on posting her pictures on the other site and joining that group as well. It seems like these boats have a huge following, and I can see why!

Mar 19, 2011
Catalina C25 Eagle Mountain Lake
Hi Joe! As you probably can see from my response to the Capt., I think I found a solution. The original wood weave doors where in pretty bad shape, and I really did want to salvage them because they just seemed to fit so well, but it's a lost cause. I also like the PVC aspect of the new ones, easy cleaning, no mold, etc.. On a side note, I am really LOVING this Catalina. I have had 2 Macgregors in the past, and I don't have a bad word to say about them, but the Catalina is laid out so well. The more I work on her, the more I am finding myself impressed by her. She is also a really solid boat as well! When I get her all cleaned up, I plan on posting her pictures on the other site and joining that group as well. It seems like these boats have a huge following, and I can see why!
No need to wait! Go ahead and join up and start posting...we love to see before/after pictures....

Have a link to the replacement doors?

May 12, 2010
Macgregor 22 Island Park
No need to wait! Go ahead and join up and start posting...we love to see before/after pictures....

Have a link to the replacement doors?
http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/pi/mp/355...00&d=1fa87c9ae6b3a119182555d06472863ad12d639c

I think I just pasted the link, but it doesn't look right. If you just go to Sears.com and type in "folding doors" it is the first one to pop up. I think it runs about $25 per door with track and magnetic catches. In on of the reviews I looked up, everybody said that they were very easy to cut to size, and worked very well. I will let you know how it works out!..lol.. As far as posting pictures, I should be able to put some up in a few days after I join. As you can imagine, I already have taken a bunch of before pictures, I am really starting to fall in love with this boat! Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.