Parts Department?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peter

Where can I find used parts for my C22? Right now I'm searching for a roller to add to my traveler, as I want to improve the adjustment of my main. Currently the fiddle block travels only on a shackle and easily gets hung up. I'd like to check out a used roller before investing in a new one--assuming these are still available. Thanks for any help. By the way...does the roller snatch on, or will I need to remove the traveler to add it?

L

LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina

Catalina Direct

Their specialty is smaller Catalinas. They'll probably have the weird little parts you need for various projects. www.catalinadirect.com LaDonna

A

Aldo

The Original was Riveted On

Peter: The rollers on my 1980 travler car had some bad spots on them so that they didn't roll on the 5/8 diameter travler rod. There are 3 rollers on the travler car, 2 on the bottom, and a smaller one on the top. I made some new delrin ones to replace mine which were falling apart. The original ones were riveted to two triangular pieces of stainless steel. There are stainless steel sleeves that the rollers rotate around. I drilled out the rivets and replaced them with stainless steel screws, and self locking nuts. I put my boat into the water last Saturday, and sailed it on Sunday and the travler worked much better. From your article, it sounds like you don't have a travler car at all. You won't have to touch the S.S. travler bar. Even if you get a new travler car that's riveted, the top roller is assembled with a stainless steel bolt and a self locking nut, so you could spring the travler car apart and over the rod, then replace the little roller on the top. I also would like to know if there are any used parts for C-22s. There are parts that I would like to add that I want to match exactly the original parts on my boat, not with new parts, specifically the cam cleats to the jib sheet winches. Aldo

Status
Not open for further replies.