Part ID on Hunter 260

Jun 16, 2020
Hunter 260 Chatfield Marina
I have a question about a couple of blocks on the deck on the port side of the hatch. In the manual, both the original and an electronic download, the deck hardware diagram ID's the blocks as "15". However, the Deck Hardware List for the 260 is actually the list for the 270, and does not show a part "15". Does anyone have a proper copy of the 260 Deck Hardware list, and does anyone know what these blocks are for? I've been sailing the boat for three years without using them, but am very curious as to their purpose.

symont

Apr 13, 2019
Hunter 260 Montreal, Quebec
On my H260, both "number 15" blocks (refering to the same drawing) are perfectly identical to the number 13 block. Except 13 has a springed mounting plate. The Hunter part number for 13 is 301895, which resolves to Shaefer 03-62.

Schaefer Marine 03-62

Hunter 260 blocks.JPG

You should be able to take it from there.

[EDIT] The HunterOwners shop has one that looks very close to this model. And it has the same dimensions. Maybe this is what you are looking for: Shop.HunterOwners

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I'm not sure what blocks the OP was referencing but I do know what the blocks in post #4 are. The spring mounted deck block is for the jib sheet. The other is part of the centerboard raising system.

symont

Apr 13, 2019
Hunter 260 Montreal, Quebec
Oups! Sorry, I have read the question too fast and thought the OP was looking to buy them.

rgranger is right: #13 on the drawing is for the jib sheet and both #15 are for the centerboard raising system. With the blocks, you trade force for distance. It's easier to raise it and, in a way, more precise if you mark your centerboard line for different angles (depths).

H260 deck.JPG

Jun 16, 2020
Hunter 260 Chatfield Marina
Thanks for the help. The attached photo shows the dual cheek blocks in question. I believe they were part of the original centerboard raising system, and were left behind when a prior owner installed an aftermarket system seen to the right of the blocks. I do greatly appreciate the responses; glad to be a part of this new found resource.

Attachments

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Sorry. I've never seen that on an H260 or H26.

The centerboard system seen in your photo looks familiar and looks like the PO upgraded the blocks. The cheek blocks are a mystery. Are they at an angle that allows for a halyard to be led to the cockpit? or would they be useful to guiding an anchor rode to the cockpit? Hard to say from that photo.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Ok guys. The deck hardware for the 260 and 270 are the same as same hull and deck. Difference one is waterballast and the other a fixed keel. The 270 fixed keel is optional for an onboard diesel and you can lower the table all the way down as no centerboard housing is involved in the cabin floor. Introduced both boats.

Rgranger is correct that we need more photos to determine what those unused blocks are so stand in the cockpit and take a photo of entire deck looking toward the mast