ParaSailor Spinnaker ? $$ Luxury or Hype ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1, 2011
sail boat dock
Don, I searched on this but did not find any user feed back. Your previous post was a long time ago, have you any more comment on this sail ? It likely costs too much for most of us still, and seems best suited to large expensive catamarans. They must hold a number of patents on it to prevent wider use. It seems to be a nice feature to spill too much wind and create lift, but looks like a nightmare to untangle. I think you will say what a previous poster said,you can buy a Hinckley, if you can afford that sail. I saw the expensive advert in the new Sail magazine.
Any recent comment you could provide ?
Hurtin' and Surfin'

May 17, 2004
Other Catalina 30 Tucson, AZ
Paul: Actually I won't be much help because I'm a non-spin guy. The reason for that is the folks I focus on and deal with (beginners to intermediates) have enough trouble mastering the jib!! There are guys on this list - RichH, Alan, Joe from San Diego who will provide you with the info you need to make a sound buying decision.

Feb 1, 2011
sail boat dock
Read all Todd's links, but no user reports, prices at 4300 and up.
Offshore users say why bother babysit it.
Hunter owner rigs may appreciate its ddw abilties with no mains'l.
It likes to have some halyard let out to fill,[I try that with the a' sail at 160 deg]
Won't reach like the a'sail, easy to douse with a sock too.
Too slow to race with in light air and too much money for a 2nd or 3rd spinnaker.
No test results with full main or one reef either. Can't be good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.