Painting Equipment? Seattle/Everett

Jun 10, 2013
Catalina 27 Everett
I'm planning on painting the hull of my cat27. This will be my first go at it. I've watched countless videos and read tons of articles so i assume that the knowledge I've amassed will do me no good, and that i'm probably better off learning first had from my own mistakes.

To make my life easier i was wondering if anyone in the Seattle - Everett area would be willing to let me rent painting equipment for my attempt at "painting". I'm moored in Everett and plan to compete the project in 2-3 weeks, weather permitting.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Are you hauling out for the project... when you say "hull" do you mean the bottom, or the portion of the hull above the waterline... called "topsides"? What special equipment do you want to rent.... Whether I'm painting the bottom or refinishing the deck or topsides... I use disposable rollers and foam brushes..... I've never tried spraying... to many restrictions out here... The only time I've used an expensive brush is for brightwork (wood).

If you're using one or two part polyurethane paint.... the roll and tip method has a quick learning curve.... 6" foam rollers and foam brushes for tipping is what worked for me... Surface prep is the key to a smooth finish.. Study the directions thoroughly, use the correct primer and thinners, be aware of weather restrictions.. they will affect everything.

Jun 10, 2013
Catalina 27 Everett
I'm specifically looking for multiple sanders.. Unless there's other equipment that you can suggest?