Painting bottom side of Catalina 22 - Anti-fouling

Sep 22, 2019
Chrysler 26 Pymatuning Lake
I am going to soon apply anti-fouling paint to my Catalina 22 (new to me). I have only two boat jack stands. I have a trailer that supports the boat with one long bunker on each side of the boat. I was thinking of lowering the front of the boat as much as possible using the trailer hydraulic jack stand. Then I am going to put the two boat jack stands under the back of the boat. Following that I was going to raise the front again to allow the two rear jack-stands to hold the back while the boat is lifted "mostly off the bunkers followed by painting in between the boat and bunkers. Questions...

1. I want to tighten up the retracted swing keel while the paint is applied and dries under the bunker. IS it ok to leave the keel taught for the time it takes to dry the paint?

2. Should I apply anti-fouling to the rudder? the boat will be in a lake all season.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I have done what you are suggesting but I used a picnic table instead of jack stands. Make sure you chain those stands together.
I’d paint the rudder

Sep 22, 2019
Chrysler 26 Pymatuning Lake
I have done what you are suggesting but I used a picnic table instead of jack stands. Make sure you chain those stands together.
I’d paint the rudder
which paint would you suggest? Anti-fouling?