P42 steps for side entrance from a floating doc or dinghy

Jan 1, 2014
Hunter 42 Upper Chesapeake
Looking for option for a ladder that could easily be taken on/off that would allow

1. To get off boat to dock during a very high tide - option important for parents
2. To get on/off a floating pier with out having to jump down and climb up
3. Maybe as another option to get in/out of the dinghy - my parents had a hard time getting in / out via the swim platform

Thanks
Keith

Mar 30, 2013
Hunter 356 Georgian Bay
You should also check out Hollandmarine.com they have a very sturdy stainless ladder about 2 or 3 steps down, (may be too short for dinghy climb-up, but the idea is to not get it crushed against the dock), You purchase the width of steps you prefer and once screwed together it can be hung from the toe rail, it has stand-offs below the rail to keep perpendicular. I am crusing right now and can't see their online catalogue on a iOS device.

A friend of ours got one from them at the Toronto boat show. His wife just stands on it as he approaches the dock with lines in hand and steps off easily and she's not a young gal anymore. I'll be picking one up from them soon.

I think he had spring-clips installed at the top end so his just clips it on his aluminum toe rail and when underway he lifts it up and ties it to the lifeline leaving it in place.

Jan 1, 2014
That looks great. Need to see if one step will do what I need.

What type of wood did you use?

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
That looks great. Need to see if one step will do what I need.

What type of wood did you use?
Red Oak with polyurethane applied. Nothing special, just what I had on hand. The most expensive parts were the clips. Total cost was about $15. Would be a little more if you have to buy a short piece of wood.

tjar

Aug 8, 2011
Hunter Legend 35.5 Tacoma, WA
I saw this on a boat and took the picture to see if I could find anything like it. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to identify a source to buy one. It looks like it could be easily reproduced.
20160821_154123.jpg

Jan 1, 2014
That looks interesting - maybe a little more complex but certainly gets one closer to the dock

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
have you looked at dan fender ?? they make one and two step models. I have a single step on my C36

Les