Owners Manuals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2009
Hunter 1986 H31 California Yacht Marina, Chula Vista, CA
The PO of my 86 31' said she had all the owners manuals to the boat, but disappeared without delivering any of them or the keys. I guess I should consider myself lucky to have gotten the title. The boat seems to have been very well maintained until about 6 months ago when slip neighbors say except for the diver, the boat has been pretty much abandoned. Does look like the top side was washed down before I took over, but not much more. I am thinking I should probably haul out and consider bottom paint. I am going to change the oil, impeller and belts as recommended. What else should I be looking at?
Do we have a source for the manuals that originally came with the boat, or somewhere to get copies?

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
They are online in the resource library.

Be sure to have the thru hulls checked, the cutlass bearing, rudder play etc.

Good time to think about a shaft seal to eliminate the packing gland. Check out the transducers and be sure that are all working correctly. Be sure that they use a good quality paint that works for your area.

Sep 4, 2007
Hunter 33.5 Elbow, Saskatchwen, Can.
Also check your fuel system. Change all the fuel filters and get the tank cleaned as well. If you have time check your charging system and batteries if your not sure of them get new ones.
Also anything else that might leave you stranded and having to pay to get towed back in.
These are great boats IMHO

Enjoy
Don

Aug 16, 2009
Hunter 1986 H31 California Yacht Marina, Chula Vista, CA
Steve, I checked the resource library. What I found was several pictures of the various Hunter 31 subsystems, though I could not tell if they are for the earlier or later versions. Also, I could not seem to copy them to my photo editing software so I could make them larger and clearer, nor could I print them. Does anyone happen to know what documentation was included with these boats when they were new. I would imagine that among other things, there was an extensive owners manual with instructions on stowage, use of the appliances, lighting, electrial and plumbing, etc.

May 21, 2004
Hunter 31_83-87 Milwaukee South Shore Yacht Club
I have the 31 manual in computer jpegs - 46 pages

Send me your email address if you want me to send it to you.

Rip

Update:
We sent out two copies of the manual for the Hunter 31. Please let us know if you did not receive it.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2009
Paradise 27 Niceville,
Know where I can get a copy of the operation manual for a 1982 Hunter 27 with Yanmar 1GM?

We had two days of 38 deg temps, tried to start the old 1gm and it won't run. Did the bleed test and still won't run. Any ideas?

Bill

Paul F

Jun 3, 2004
Hunter 1980 - 33 Bradenton
Link

Here is a link to engine manuals
http://www.motoren.ath.cx/menus/yanmar.html

Had trouble starting my 2QM15 on Monday after our cold/cool weekend. Had to bleed the engine. Charge the batteries so that you can get a strong turn-over and push the throttle all the way forward for more compression.

Sep 28, 2009
HUNTER Drifter ll - 27ft. Isla Del Sol Y.C., St. Pete., Fl.
I just bought the "1/2/3/GM operator's Manual" from Mastry Engine Center, 2801 Anvil Street North, St. Pete., Fl 33710 for $ 16.26.

Old Dad, St. Pete, fl.

Status
Not open for further replies.