owner of 84 irwin citation 31.

Jun 17, 2020
Irwin 31 citation Sabine Pass
would like to speak with someone that knows the Irwin citation 31.Have a few questions, if someone has time

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Welcome aboard. Agree, you might just want to post your question. If it is Irwin specific then here is fine. But if it is a general question, you might get better results by posting in Ask All Sailors.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Welcome @beachbum35x. Irwin boats are very nice boats. The systems on her are similar to the systems we all have. Looking forward to hearing what you got.

Aug 23, 2016
N/A N/A Texas
I too have found an Irwin 31 that checked every box for what I was looking for, until the survey. I had done enough due diligence to know that there could most likely be evidence of leakage around the chainplates and the portlights. What I wasn't prepared for was just how bad the soft spots would be. About 3 feet on the starboard side and 2 feet on the port side. Perhaps this is not unusual for an Irwin but it was apparent this had been neglected for far too long. Small steel plates were installed on top of the divider on each side of storage behind the settee. However, the water stain was not that bad and these areas did not look as though they had been recently painted. All of that said, how hard is it to just move the chainstays to the hull? If I did one stay at a time, could I leave the mast up? I am mechanically inclined and these issues, ( except for tuning perhaps ) I think after watching some YouTube videos, I could cut, remove, and feather some marine plywood back in. Is there anyone in here that has done this already that could give me some insight?