outhaul configuration 7.3

Jul 23, 2014
s2 7.3 sebago lake
Gentleman and ladies,

New owner of a gorgeous 1979 S2 7.3. Sorting everything this year and over the winter and will be commissioning spring 2015. Boat is missing a couple of things (vang, genoa blocks) and outhaul rig.

My boom has no hole in the side or sheave at the end. All that is there is a small swivel block. I am ready to invent something appropriate (short of holes and sheaves).

Can someone with the original boom config take a picture and show me how the 7.3 outhaul is rigged?

Thank you all in advance.
Tony (Sebago Lake, Maine)

Apr 5, 2014
S2 7.3 Meter Gladstone
Your 7.3 ...Do you have a trailer for it? we have the 4 foot draft 1984 and need to fabricate a trailer ...looking for specs. .. plans... measurements... I will be checking back here often or text 906361sail (7245)

Thanks Todd and Angel

Jul 23, 2014
s2 7.3 sebago lake
I am trying to send you a text, but am having difficulty this morning.. text me your email address to 516-695-2376 and I will send a really good picture and some measurements.

Apr 25, 2015
S2 9.2 Yankton, SD
Lost outhaul line in boom on my 9.2. Can see sheave attached to wire rope outhaul. How does one attach a new line to this assembly without taking boom ends off which are immovable. Where is outhaul line attached? Inside the boom? Configuration photo?
Phil

Sep 17, 2017
Pearson 28-2 washington nc
My '79 7.3 has reefing and outhaul lines inside the boom. They used to exit at the gooseneck, under two cam cleats until I led them to a turning block at the mast base, thence to new line stoppers forward of the port cabin-top winch. Easy to adjust and winch if necessary.

Aug 22, 2011
MacGregor Venture V224 Cheeseland
My '79 7.3 has reefing and outhaul lines inside the boom. They used to exit at the gooseneck, under two cam cleats until I led them to a turning block at the mast base, thence to new line stoppers forward of the port cabin-top winch. Easy to adjust and winch if necessary.

Awesome that you are trying to help these fine folks but something tells me that your audience evaporated over 3 years ago.....

Sep 17, 2017
Pearson 28-2 washington nc
TopCat, I know you are going by the thread dates, and yes, no one may benefit, but we S2 owners keep an eye on such stuff.