Outboard for 1990 Mac S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2010
MacGregor 22 Hilo
This will give you an idea of how far back and down my motor sits. It also takes all the tilt built into the motor to level.
Yeah, TB, my mount sits like that, too: down and at an angle. And I remember thinking, "WTH? It can work like that?"

But I guess that's how they are supposed to be, so that takes one load off my mind. Mahalo! :)

I still haven't gotten around to test-mounting my motor on the boat: darn ol' "real job" keeps taking up all my time. But I will soon as I can; and when I do, all the help I've received here will no doubt come in handy. Thanks again! :dance:

VBR,

Pat

Jun 3, 2004
Macgregor 25 So. Cal.
If you use the parallel type of mount you will have to lift the motor up from inside the boat not just tilt it to clear the ramp.

Thinking about it , I don't think you can tilt the motor untill lift it.

You will at least need a line of some sort to lift the motor because it is a long way down and far out too.

Jun 3, 2004
Macgregor 25 So. Cal.
This is not my boat but you can see a motor mounted and how low it sits when in the down position. I have the tiller control tilted up and with the shift extension I have no problems operating the motor with it locked in the fwd. position. You can also see the cleat used for the block and tackle to raise and lower the motor on the combing next to the stantion. Although it may look hard to pull the rope starter it really is not but is is hard to open the choke before the engine dies so it does require two pulls to start it when cold.

Aug 15, 2010
MacGregor 22 Hilo
This is not my boat but you can see a motor mounted and how low it sits when in the down position. I have the tiller control tilted up and with the shift extension I have no problems operating the motor with it locked in the fwd. position. You can also see the cleat used for the block and tackle to raise and lower the motor on the combing next to the stantion. Although it may look hard to pull the rope starter it really is not but is is hard to open the choke before the engine dies so it does require two pulls to start it when cold.

Wow, Man! That's REALLY way down and out there! And I think that's about how mine's gonna sit, too. Wish I could get down there and fiddle around with it right now, but it's going to be a while before I get to the motor.

If you guys are doing it this way, I figure it will work for me, too. Mahalo!

As always; thanks for the info. :)

VBR,

Pat

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
May 4, 2005
Macgregor 26d Ft Lauderdale, Fl
Those controls would work well..............

connected to an Edison Wheel :stirthepot:

Feb 8, 2009
Macgregor 22, 26S Norfolk
TB, my 1980 V-22 appears to have that same mount, and it is not at an angle like that. I dont understand yours...

Jul 29, 2010
Macgregor 76 V-25 #928 Lake Mead, Nevada
Bought a Honda 7.5 25 years ago. Best investment I ever made. Fair Winds...

Jun 3, 2004
Macgregor 25 So. Cal.
Maybe the shear angle on the transom is different between the M25 and the V22. The mount just stays parallel to the transom.

With boat in the water I put a level on the motor where the cover attaches and with the motor tilted as far as it goes (last trim pin hole?) it is level. The mount for the cover is parallel with the horizonal fin just above the prop so all is well in Macland.

TB, my 1980 V-22 appears to have that same mount, and it is not at an angle like that. I dont understand yours...

Status
Not open for further replies.