Out for a while and off the water for a while longer

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
Been off the forum for most of the past week - had prostate surgery on 08 Jun. Not going to be a good year for sailing! And Momma Duck still owns my boat. :beer:

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Kappy GET WELL SOON. No fun having to deal with that. Hope they caught the nasty cells early. One of my close friends had that experience 2 years ago. Had a good result. No more fear of PSA test results.

Hope you can find some fellow boaters in you area to say "Hey Kappy, How about joining me for a sail". I know if you were out near the PacNW we could make that accommodation happen in a heart beat.

Get well. And I think you are treating the Momma Duck a bit to nicely. This condition you had was not an issue before the ducks took up a home in your boat. We could say it is the "Ducks Fault". (that is a thing we like to say here in Oregon, because it often is true, Go Beavers!).

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
Tks, for the kind thoughts, John. They called it stage T1, so we think it's early. As far as Momma Duck goes, based on what I've learned, the ducklings should hatch this week. Means Momma was still laying when we found her. With regard to sailing, none of my co-workers have sailboats, but several have expressed interest in coming out while I recover. And several folks have strongly urged that I not go solo this season, so that's even more drive to find some new sailors. Again, tks.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
If you are so kind to the Universe as to delay sailing for some duck chicks, I pray the Universe is as kind to you!

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Wishing you a continued positive outcome. Had the laser surgery nine years ago, PSA still tests Zero.

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
Just to close this out, PSA test came back with 0.021. They were looking for less than 0.1, so this is a good result. Now on to the radiation treatment for the positive margin (called extraprostatic extension). Tks all! :beer:

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
Seems like you studied had for the test and results show it!
Boats come and go, but our health is the most important thing we have, I've enjoyed your posts over the years and am glad your health is taking a positive direction.
Sail on......

dj