OUR SPRING CLEARANCE AUCTION IS OPEN (link inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
https://auction.sailboatowners.com

... running right now through Thursday noon (Pacific).

WHY?

Because we need to clean out the warehouse and this seemed like it would be fun, everybody wins, and we can spread some good cheer along to you.

Here's how it works. Literally.

REGISTRATION

Yes, you have to register on the auction site because the internet. We recommend you use your forum username if you have one.

When you register, you'll be asked to enter a valid credit card. If you bid and win, the item will be billed to that card -- but only if you win! Reminder: We never, ever, keep any payment information on our own servers.

ARE THERE SOME GOOD DEALS?

Oh, you have no idea. There are 140 items up for auction (with photos and specs) and most of them have a Buy It Now price of 50% of the street price. Many are lower than that. If you bid, you may get it for even less.

BIDDING

After you register at https://auction.sailboatowners.com you are ready to bid. Bids are visible in each auction and the next bidding increment is on the bid button. Proxy bidding is allowed so you can place your maximum bid which won't be used unless the top bid gets that high. Or, if the deal is too good to risk, you can Buy It Now and bypass the auction.

If you bid, you will receive email alerts when you are outbid and when the auction nears closing. Please add help@sailboatowners.com to your contacts to help our mail get to your inbox. Planning on sniping that last bid home with a second to go? Sure, if you must, but know that this software has anti-sniping features that will extend the auction for 15 minutes if it detects sniping.

Once a bid is placed it cannot be retracted.

SHIPPING

All shipping is FREE to the lower 48 US states and anywhere else we can use domestic Priority Mail, like US Territories.

INTERNATIONAL ORDERS

Customers outside the US will be charged the actual shipping costs at the time of shipment, which will not be estimated in advance. We will not mark up shipping above rates we get from USPS and FedEx.

We are not responsible for duty, taxes, or brokerage fees, which are between you and your gubmint. All items will ship the week of March 15th. Expedited shipping is not available.

RETURNS? NAH.

All sales are final. F-I-N-A-L final. So ask your questions before you bid through our support desk because asking them later... well, it might make for a fun discussion but it won't get you a refund. Of course, we will make exceptions at our discretion for materially misrepresented items or products damaged in shipment. Don't sweat it, we're fair.

THE BOTTOM LINE

C'mon, we're all sailors here. We're cheap. Maybe you are too. The next time we sell stuff at prices this low you'll be wearing a necklace made of hen's teeth. So get out there and scoop up some bargains!

Let us know if you have questions.

WayneH

Jan 22, 2008
Tartan 37 287 Pensacola, FL
How early can we register for the auction?
Hooray for anti-sniping software.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
How early can we register for the auction?
Due to some quirkiness with the software, we can't open the site for a preview. So registration can't happen until the site opens which is Sunday night at midnight (Pacific). The good news is, aside from the Buy It Now function nothing much is likely to happen with any of the products until you east coast guys are prowling it at 7am or so. :biggrin:

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Yeah, that was a confusing message, wasn't it? I updated that so it makes a *little* more sense, but meanwhile, @Tally Ho is right. The auction site is closed until our next auction, probably some time this summer.

Jan 5, 2021
Hunter 41 DS Saint Petersburg
Is there anyway I can see what was up for auction? Just curious if I should be kicking myself for not staying up until midnight to bid.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
You'll be glad to know that you didn't have to stay up until midnight! The auction started at midnight but all items closed at noon Pacific, and that's the deadline that matters.

Unfortunately, the auction software won't display items that aren't live so there's no way for me to do that. But if you look at our clearance section you'll get a general idea of what was auctioned off: https://shop.sailboatowners.com/cat.php?54395/Clearance

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I picked some nice stern rail seat cushions...the were made for a Hunter, but for $22, they fit the Zacor seats on my O’Day 322 just fine!

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.