Our first Southern California meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dennis

This was our first HCT outing, our next will be August 7 and all small Hunters are welcome http://www.sailing-obsession.com/HCToutings.htm

gball

Jun 8, 2004
Hunter 170 Alachua, FL
Great Southern Cal meeting/ tiller extension

Dennis, Great pics and nice to see that small Hunter folks are getting together for some good times in CA. Nice to live vicariously through seeing pics/reading about other Hunter owners' good times. Keep us updated on your get-togethers. Also, one picture shows a 170 tiller extension unlike the standard '99 one that I own-- which is straight, with no gripping loop. Do you have more info on this pictured extension (its length, where can one purchase it)? If so, please forward. Thanks! Mike G. Alachua, FL

D

Dennis

Ronstan Extension

The extension is from Ronstan on my 216, one of the first upgrades. My next will be a 16-1 vane from Garhauer because I don't want to take up the space in the cockpit with a traveler.

J

Joe

Garhauer 16-1

Dennis, Could you elaborate on this item? Still learning but see the benefit of a Traveler from looking at bigger boats. How would a rigid vang be a good sub for a traveler? Could the vang be removed for takedown? Thx, Joe

Jun 3, 2004
Hunter 170 -
16:1? WOW!!

Dennis, What is the advantage of the 16:1 over the 12:1. The 12:1 is still way oversized isn't it? I may be missing something...I am interested in your logic. Godspeed, Rusty

Status
Not open for further replies.