Ouch! Another Marina Fire - Shelter Bay/La Connor WA

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
I saw that on the news last night. This time of year these fires always smack of space heaters gone bad.

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Just down the road from me. A yard worker reportedly heard two small explosions. People were untying boats and shoving them out into the channel. Agree with Phil wrt heaters. I never leave one unattended. With proper attention, there's nothing wrong with the boat getting cold....

Oct 9, 2008
Bristol 29.9 Dana Point
Or the elec system, if the boat's AC wiring has corroded over the years. Maybe it's just fine for a very long time, even corroded. Then, someone puts 1,500 watts through an outlet to run a heater, for days. Maybe weeks. The heat from the corroded and resisting wiring builds, pre-heats itself and the wooden or fiberglass surrounding materials, then finally starts to smolder, then...poof.

Mikem

Dec 20, 2009
Hunter 466 Bremerton
The photos on last night's news looked downright frightening. I hope the cause can be determined.

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
my friend and fellow photographer happened to catch some amazing shots. Hope link workshttp://johnholtmanphotography.com/p601223146