OT - Chandlery stores in Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Calgary, Canada
I'm going to be in Houston for a few days the week of Apr 24. Does anybody know which of these two West Marine stores is bigger and better, or have any other recommendations? From the Airport, I'll be going to the southwest, near Westheimer and Tollway #8. West Marine Store #1712 District #67280 Wynnwood Ln Houston, TX 77008-6044 Store Hours: Mon-Sat: 8:00-8:00 West Marine Store #196 District #6132 Fm 1960 Rd Ste E Houston, TX 77073-1814 Store Hours: Mon-Sat: 9:00-6:00 ...RickM...

May 24, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Cypremort Point, LA
I'm going to Calgary the week of the 24th!

I go to Houston often but I could not tell you where either one is or which one is better. Houston/Clearlake has a very large boating community so I would imagine that the West Marine stores would be pretty well stocked. If you get time tell whoever you are with you want to go eat dinner in Kemah (pronounced Keemuh) you can sit out on the deck at the Flying Dutchman or the Cadillac Bar on the channel and drink your favorite adult beverage and watch the boats go out through the Clearlake Channel. Cheers, Jonathan Costello

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Calgary, Canada
Kemah

I was there several years ago. It was a boardwalk sort of place. The restaurant was called The Aquarium. There was a huge cylindrical aquarium that was two floors high in the middle of the building. Even further back (1980) I ate at some floating barge of a seafood restaurant. It seemed like it was on the channel somewhere. Newspaper table cloths and 2X2's to smash open the shellfish. I don't recall the name of the place but never forgot their slogan: "Where millionaires dine in their bare feet". ...RickM...

Status
Not open for further replies.