Origo Stove

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Allen

I recently purchased a 1987 Hunter 31 equipped with an Origo 6000 stove and oven... but no directions. Anyone have any advice on basic operation? Thanks

R

Roy Mosteller

ORIGO Alcohol Stove Operator's Manual

Give me your address and I will mail you a copy. Roy Mosteller roynjean@home.com

L

LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina

What a great stove!

I just got one so here's what I know: Fill the canisters with good quality stove alcohol (I bought their own brand which is more expensive but is supposedly soot free) and hold a little flame thrower (you know, those little lighter dealies with the long snout??) to it. Voila! Flame! When you're done and the stove has cooled, place those little neoprene covers over the canister openings to prevent the alcohol from evaporating. They're like $5 at WM and worth it. Now, I only keep two canisters filled cuz I can't see the time when I'll need two burners AND the oven going at the same time. I just move a full canister to the oven when I need it. I'm still playing with temperature settings, etc but I just start low and move up. I've heard there is a flame adapter for the older models to disappate the stovetop flame a little. Apparently they got sued by someone who stuck her hand in the flame and, surprise surprise, got burned! Anyway, they'll send it to you gratis if you don't already have it. That reminds, me I need to email them. LaDonna

Status
Not open for further replies.