Origo 1500 stove

Mar 15, 2021
Hunter H22 Lake Arthur
I just picked up a new to me 1984 H22. I am picking up a few things that are missing and one of them is the stove. Does anyone have an Origo 1500 that they would be interested in selling?

Thanks!

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Did you mean 5100?

Those are highly sought after and hard to find... they quit makeing them years ago...but you can still find the canisters

so if you run across one that just needs a canister, you might want to buy it. I love mine.

Jan 19, 2010

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
The 1500 is the single burner version. I have the 3000 on my boat. Replacement cannisters at $150.00 per explains why there is no stove on your "new" boat. The units are easy to sell.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Unfortunately, Dometic bought Origo and stopped making them.. The little one burner butane stoves do a great job, but ya have to be conscious of the possibility of leaks when storing the canisters..
Amazon.com : butane stove
The little alcohol one that granger linked looks to be a good alternative to the Origo, but they don't list a number for alcohol capacity..

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
... Replacement cannisters at $150.00 per explains why there is no stove on your "new" boat. The units are easy to sell....
Last time at BaconSails.com, they had three canisters. 20,30,40 $

Mar 15, 2021
Hunter H22 Lake Arthur
Thanks for the feedback. I tried buying on this week on ebay and was outbid at the end. It went for $450. There is a brand new one on there listed for $800. I may wait to see if any used one comes available or it may be worth while to try the one granger recommends...they are around $20.

What is everyone's thoughts stoves like the Eureka SPRK+ or Soto/Jetboil type stoves?

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Ya really want a wide base and not much height.. I have used several different backpacking stoves and my opinion the butane stoves like the Eureka or the others that I referenced (especially with built in ignition) are very good options.. I used a white- gasoline Coleman two burner stove on my old Spirit 23 for several years..

Jan 19, 2010
Thanks for the feedback. I tried buying on this week on ebay and was outbid at the end. It went for $450. There is a brand new one on there listed for $800. I may wait to see if any used one comes available or it may be worth while to try the one granger recommends...they are around $20.

What is everyone's thoughts stoves like the Eureka SPRK+ or Soto/Jetboil type stoves?
Those are nice. You just have to respect the butane. If you search on here you will find several creative ways to store butane bottles OUT of the cabin. Leaking butane in boat = BOOM! It sinks to the bilge whereas ethanol is less dense than air and escapes.

The one storage option I liked the best was a piece of PVC pipe wide enough for the bottle to slip down into. The pipe was hose clamped to a stanchion and a cap placed over the top and bottom.

Here is a thread discussing various storage options.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
..............What is everyone's thoughts stoves like the Eureka SPRK+ or Soto/Jetboil type stoves?.................
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new sailboat!!

Ditto kloudie1..................I used white gasoline stoves for backpacking and camping for many years. I use a portable butane stove on my trailer for cooking outside. They are very low cost and the butane canisters are readily available at low cost.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
For a small boat, I have to concur that a non-pressurized alcohol stove makes the most practical solution.

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
I've got one used maybe twice I could maybe part with.

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
Hi Rick, which one do you have?
Actually I have two a single and a double.

The single came with the boat the double was given to me later on. Have not used either in a long time.