Order of Insturments from left to right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Robeson

I am installing a 3 insturment NAV POD at the helm of my C-36. They are the autohelm 4000, ST-60 wind and ST-60 tridata(speed/depth). Reading from right to left, is there a correct order to install them? I am thinking: Wind on the left, Autopilot in the Middle and the Speed/depth on the right. Any suggestions? Thanks Bob

M

Mike

Inst's

Bob, I don't think there is a wrong way. But I would suggest that if you are right handed put the autohelm on your right and if left handed then on your left, you will be punching those buttons a bunch more than the others and it should keep you clear of your wheel.IMHO Mike

M

Michael McCann

Instrument order

Bob; Mike is correct, the right order is how you prefer them. I'm right handed, and from the right mine are Auto Pilot, Wind, Tridata. My 36 came with the AP on the right, speed in the center, and depth on the left. I added the wind, and the tridata. The AP is handiest to me on the right end. Hope this helps. Mike

E

Ernie A

Form follows functrion. Think ergonomics.

Hi, Bob-- The autopilot buttons get by far the most use. Place it on your dominent side - usually the right. Wind only has one useful button. Since the Wind dial is round, it looks better in the center where button pushing can be obstructed by the apex of the wheel. Also, it is more intuitive to look at wind direction in the centerline. With the TriData to the left (or non-dominent side) there is less wheel obstruction to reach the four buttons which usually get less use. Works well for me. Also, I have the radar mounted below the instrument pod on the angled part of an off-set pedistal guard. Ernie April WindCatcher (C-42 #618)

A

Art Golden

Order of Things

On my '93 C36 my instruments read from L to R, Speed - Wind - Depth

R

Ric & Nick

Order of instruments

Basically Bob, whatever turns you on is the right order !! In our experience, unless you plan on being on Auto-pilot all day, wind speed and direction is the most referred-to and therefore should be in the primo place in the middle.....we also have a foolproof non-electic windvane on the top of the mast....makes it good to sail when you're sitting on the side Of course, our best wind indicators are the telltales on the Genoa

Status
Not open for further replies.