Orca tows a sailboat

Apr 13, 2015
Catalina 309 Port Charlotte
Now explain that to your insurance co....."tell me again who was piloting when the collision happened"?

Dave

Aug 3, 2012
Performance Cruising Telstar 28 302 Watkins Glen
That was amazing. The owners are lucky the orca did not feel like a much longer swim!

Dec 29, 2008
Treworgy 65' LOA Custom Steel Pilothouse Staysail Ketch St. Croix, Virgin Islands

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
Imagine being aboard while it was happening!

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
The orca was described as an adolescent male member of a transient pod. In other words - a Juvenile Delinquent.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
A few years back an item in a sailing magzine was from a guy who chartered a boat in the Sea of Cotez (IIRC); One of the giant Manta Rays captured the anchor line between his horns or antennae or whater they are. Skipper came back out from town to no boat and none in sight on the sea. Hired a plane to go look, and they found it, still being towed by the ray. Went back for power boat and caught up to get someone on board the charter boat. THEN they saw the ray- maybe headed for the deep blue sea.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
The orca was described as an adolescent male member of a transient pod. In other words - a Juvenile Delinquent.
one of those foster pods perhaps?
I can't view YouTube on our work wifi but I saw somewhere that he drags it into another boat. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time!