Optimus 535

Gordon

Apr 30, 2009
Beneteau 473 St. Petersburg, FL
  Anybody have an old Optimus Paraffin stove they want to get rid of? This boat came with a non working Optimus 535 and I would like to restore it back to good working condition. I know burner parts are available but the rest is not. BTW, was this stock on the AV? Thanks Gordon     gazuum@...

May 30, 2006
Hi gazuum,
My vega has an origo two burner alcohol stove. I believe it was the stock range supplied.
The burner is like a metal disk about two inches thick and has a hole through the middle. You pour alcohol into the hole area into a bunch of mineral wadding that holds the alcohol and lets the vapor go up the hole and get lit. there are two burners.
groundhog

Gazuum

Oct 23, 2010
Pearson P365K Port Angeles
I had an Origo on a previous boat. Didn't care that much for it.
I'd just like to restore this old burner as it was made in Sweden at
about the same time as the AV..
g

On 3/16/2018 2:00 PM, groundhog
groundhogyh@... [AlbinVega] wrote:

Jan 28, 2001
Lyric had the Origo stove when I purchased her in 1989. After a failed attempt at frying chicken I got rid of it and went to a two burner propane camp stove. That was later upgraded to a

Force 10 2 burner with broiler. I really wanted an oven. The Force 10 was nice but is no longer made and did require some modification of the cabinetry to allow it to use gimbals. While in Mexico we ran into another Vega
That had a small Plastimo 2 burner with an oven. I wish I\'d known about them when I put the Force 10 in. I later found out that they were also used on the Albin Ballard.

The sport fishing boat I recently purchased came with a Origo 1500 single burner stove that looks to very similar. The tank is about 8 5/8" or 22 cm across by 2 1/8" or 5.5 cm tall. It has a wire grid over the hole for
the burner. The hole is about 3 1/8" or 7.75 cm across. There is a sticker on the side of it with fill instructions in English, Spanish and French. Patent numbers for GB, US Canada and europe with a patent date of 1982.

I have no use for this stove and will be selling it on eBay in the near future. Defender Marine carries new Origo stoves and replacement tanks. I\'d assume these are the newer tanks but Defender might be able to gt the
older style tank from Origo. Actually the replacement tank they list says it is for all Origo stoves. Origo also makes an alcohol fueled heater which takes a different tank. Defender also carries these. Is it possible that the replacement tank you looked at
was for the heater and not the stove? You could always order a tank from Defender and return it if it doesn\'t fit. It would cost the price of shipping.                                         Walt

From: AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com <AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com> on behalf of Scnderps.com)

Add cleanup rule |
More info

I have the same original origo stove. I’d like to replace the canisters but they are different from the newer canisters/stoves. Has anyone modified the older original stove & canisters?
Scott
Fiddler

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 4:00 PM groundhog
groundhogyh@... [AlbinVega] <AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Sep 24, 2008
Force 10 stoves are certainly available, have always been. They are the most popular stove/ovens in the world for marine use.

Jan 28, 2001
Sorry Brian, I guess I should have been clearer. The model with 2 burners and a broiler is the one that is no longer available. All of their ranges with ovens also have a broiler. Walt

From: AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com on behalf of Brian Stannard brianstannard@... [AlbinVega] AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2018 7:25 PM
To: AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [AlbinVega] Optimus 535

This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com)

Add cleanup rule |
More info

Force 10 stoves are certainly available, have always been. They are the most popular stove/ovens in the world for marine use..

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 7:39 AM, walt judy brown allore
bestvega@... [AlbinVega]
AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Jan 28, 2001
Yep and I believe the smallest (European Model) might be able to be fitted to a Vega. The one we had didn't have a door just a simple stainless steel box with a broiler burner. It was handy for fish, shrimp, pork chops,
steaks, etc. On top of th box was one large burner and cone small burner. It was a good stove and I'm surprised they dropped it. WaltFrom: AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com on behalf of Brian Stannard brianstannard@... [AlbinVega] AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2018 9:05 PM

Add cleanup rule |
More info

Six sizes of 2 burner with both oven and broiler. On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 8:33 PM, walt judy brown allore
bestvega@... [AlbinVega]

Jan 28, 2001
I'll try, if it doesn't come through email me off net at bestvega@...________________________________
From: AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com on behalf of Brian Stannard brianstannard@... [AlbinVega] AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2018 11:33 AM

[Boxbe]Boxbe [http://www.boxbe.com/stfopen?tc_ser...utm_campaign=ANNO_CLEANUP_ADD&utm_content=001] This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com) Add cleanup ruleBoxbe | More infohttp://blog.boxbe.com/general/boxbe...utm_campaign=ANNO_CLEANUP_ADD&utm_content=001Walt

Do you have a picture?

Jan 28, 2001
Brian did you get the picture? WaltFrom: AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com on behalf of Brian Stannard brianstannard@... [AlbinVega] AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2018 11:33 AM

Add cleanup rule |
More info

WaltDo you have a picture?On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 7:14 AM, walt judy brown allore
bestvega@... [AlbinVega]

Jan 28, 2001
Brian, I re-sent the pictures. Did you get them? WaltFrom: AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com on behalf of Brian Stannard brianstannard@... [AlbinVega] AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2018 9:23 PM

Add cleanup rule |
More info

No picture Walt.

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 8:15 PM, walt judy brown allore
bestvega@... [AlbinVega]