Open-house party in NJ

Jun 5, 2010
Hunter 25 Burlington NJ
Curtin Marina is hosting an open-house event on Saturday the 27th in Burlington NJ. I posted this in Ask All Sailors too but hopefully Phil won't flag it here because I'm looking forward to maybe meeting up with people from this forum and may have lots of stuff of interest. Basically it is a house party at the marina at which we'll offer games, prizes, food, live music and especially opportunities to meet, talk with other boaters, and get advice on your boat projects (including from me). Of course there will be sales in the store and 'junk' (surplus) tables (including from me - it fills up the truck). All are welcome; and, yes; we speak sailing.

This is a concept I sort of pioneered a couple of years ago at another boating store at which I worked and, not there any more, and aware that place isn't doing it again, decided to do it at Curtin's. Curtin's Wharf (since 1950) is run by old family friends and is where my dad received his own H25 in 1974 and where we commissioned and kept it. In a way this is a substitute for the launch party that I mean to have here; owing to finances, my boat (which is otherwise just about ready to go) is stranded in another yard till late this summer or next spring. Still everyone is welcome to stop by and have some fun. More details on FB (at Curtin's Wharf, and at Nautical Elements at Curtin Marina) and CL etc.

Hours: about 10-2. 501 E. Pearl Street, Burlington NJ 08016. 609 386 4657. Hope to see everyone there! :dancing: