Once in a blue moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
This month we have had two full moons and the great good fortune that they landed in midweek. Nancy and I sailed out on Wednesday and sailled back today and watched the moon rise on two nights with clear skies and cool temperatures. We will tri to get out more than just during the full moon but we take what we can get.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
The days are hotter than the here after.

Sep 5, 2007
MacGregor 26X Rochester
I pulled my X out of the river and plopped it into the Erie Canal in part to enjoy the Canal during the full (blue) moon. It's dark on that water, and it's easy to lose the banks, but with the full moon it was fun. Cool and dry, a real pleasure.

Until the bats came out. I don't have a problem with them, especially since they're eating mosquitos at a prodigious rate :dance:, but the admiral had a bit of a freakout. :eek: City girl who married a country boy (if you can call Connecticut in the metro NYC area 'country', but it was once upon a time, a la Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House :D ).

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
I grew up in Newtown CT and our nearest neighbor was a half mile away. Then more houses were built.

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
Wasn't it fitting they buried Neil Armstrong under a Blue Moon? RIP

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Moon rise on the Sassafras River Aug 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.