Old Catalina 22 motor mount

Walkie

Oct 6, 2014
Catalina 22 Missouri
IMG_0324.jpg
We are restoring my father's old 1970 Catalina 22 with retractable keel. We were almost there when we realized that the sliding motor mount that someone in our family must have ordered as a spare, did not fit into the two tracks on which the motor mount is supposed to slide up and down. Does anyone know where we might be able to find the correct mount? I am showing a picture that shows the tracks with the wrong motor mount between. Sorry, I'll have to supply the exact dimensions of the tracks when next we go up to work on it. Thanks for any input. Tom

Nov 19, 2008
Catalina C-22 MK-II Parrish, FL
Tom, Sorry to say I believe that motor mount has been out of production for a very long time, so unless you found someone with old parts in the back room, or an old boat that maybe someone parted out, that's unfortunately the bad news. I've only actually seen one of those type of outboard mounts once, and that was on the first Potter-18 made by International Marine back in the early 70's. Why not just replace it with a new style motor mount? Fairly easy to find on Craigslist and eBay, and they will be much easier to use.

Don

Walkie

Oct 6, 2014
Catalina 22 Missouri
Thanks so much Don. You saved me a lot of unnecessary searching! I will do as you suggest and get a new one.

Tom

Mar 9, 2023
Catalina 22 1320 Dittmer
View attachment 125760 We are restoring my father's old 1970 Catalina 22 with retractable keel. We were almost there when we realized that the sliding motor mount that someone in our family must have ordered as a spare, did not fit into the two tracks on which the motor mount is supposed to slide up and down. Does anyone know where we might be able to find the correct mount? I am showing a picture that shows the tracks with the wrong motor mount between. Sorry, I'll have to supply the exact dimensions of the tracks when next we go up to work on it. Thanks for any input. Tom
Just picked up my new to me 1970 Catalina 22 (#1320) 2 weeks ago. Have that exact mount on it and still scratching my head on how it operates. Could be corrosion but isn't on the top of my list. Still in love with it even if the list of repairs grows lol

Attachments

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
The part that's mounted to the boat looks like it has a T track in it. You might be able to slide a bolt (and possibly a washer if needed) in the track to attach the rest of the mount. The width of the track and arms looks off but you might be able to adjust it by creating a new wooden board. Hard to tell without seeing more pics of that assembly. A new mount may require more holes in the boat