Old Bluechart g2

Dec 14, 2003
Hunter 34 Lake of Two Mountains, QC, Can
Hi all,
I'm about to undertake a long summer cruise that will take me from Montreal down the St.Lawrence river towards the Maritimes area, and Newfoundland and St.Pierre & Miquelon. I do have Navionics in my tablet but cannot seem to locate the needed charts for my old Garmin 498 chartplotter. They are now obsolete but if someone had the one for that area I certainly would be happy to get it off your hands. The one I currently have is # MSU020R & it covers from Lake Ontario to Anticosti island. The area needed is East & South of that. Thanks for looking in your old discarded stuff and letting me know. Claude

Attachments

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
@Claude L.-Auger Sorry can't help you with the Blue Charts, however, I am very interested in you trip. We plan to leave Lake Ontario next June for the same trip and would love to hear about your experiences.

Dec 14, 2003
@Claude L.-Auger Sorry can't help you with the Blue Charts, however, I am very interested in you trip. We plan to leave Lake Ontario next June for the same trip and would love to hear about your experiences.
Too bad it's not this year as we could buddy boat for the crossing to Newfoundland. Over the years I've sailed down the St.Lawrence several times, going to Cape Breton, Magdalen Islands, PEI, and Labrador, but never to Newfoundland. Boat will be splashed on June 14th. I have to unstep the mast and do the final preparation of the boat, then hopefully will leave around June 21st or 22nd. I will go though the locks in Ste.Anne to get in the St.Lawrence, then need to find a club where I can re-step. Right now water levels are too high and the cranes are not workable at the clubs on Lake St.Louis. PM me your coordinates and I'll be glad to drop you some info from time to time. Claude

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Checkout ebay. I've often found g-2 charts on there.

Dec 14, 2003
Thanks Capta and Joker. I have seen those and am trying to find out from the seller if it will fit my plotter. I suspect it's the newer style that uses micro sd/hd card which is different than the old g2. If seller could send a picture or post it I would know for sure.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Thanks Capta and Joker. I have seen those and am trying to find out from the seller if it will fit my plotter. I suspect it's the newer style that uses micro sd/hd card which is different than the old g2. If seller could send a picture or post it I would know for sure.
I use SD, no micro about it.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Check with a local shop that sells, installs, & services Garmin equipment. They may be able to configure an updated card for you.

Dec 14, 2003
They were called Bluechart. Local dealer called it micro g2. No SD about it ! Simply called Bluechart g2. And even though he is a Garmin dealer, he has no solution to upload this obsolete material.I upload again pictures of it tto make it easier to identify. Perhaps I'll get lucky and someone from The Maritimes and Newfoundland area can help ? Or someone from New England who has traveled there and no longer needs it. I keep my fingers crossed.

Attachments

Apr 27, 2010
Beneteau 352 Hull #276 Ontario