OK, whose is this?

Feb 8, 2014
Columbia 36 Muskegon
I once had a boat slip which was right next to a public launch ramp. I could have sold tickets to watch the fun goings on there.

kito

Sep 13, 2012
1979 Hunter Cherubini 30 Clemmons
I never tried to back my boat "up" the ramp before.

Apr 19, 2012
O'Day Daysailor 17 Nevis MN
We had a guy launch his boat and take off with his truck still running and trailer still on the launch ramp. Could be the same guy after the tide came in. :O

Oct 29, 2005
Hunter Marine 326 303 Singapore
What would people do to avoid a parking ticket. If he can't stick it on your windscreen you don't have to pay

Mar 13, 2011
Islander Freeport 41 Longmont
Saw this happen last year at our ramp, only our guy wasn't as lucky, he missed out on the free car wash and jack knifed into the ramp instead. When you step out of a manual shift truck to check why the motor is dragging, you really should remember to put it in gear and set the brake.

Nice way to get a laugh this morning as we watch the spring blizzard in Den. waiting for spring to arrive.

Aug 3, 2010
Hunter 326 Charleston SC
Port of Canaveral Florida was my favorite spot to watch them launch and recover, six across. There's a Tiki bar right next store for drinks as you watch the boatniks on any given Sunday. Watched a boater come in so hot he launched the boat on top of his pickup truck. Never rush be safe...

Apr 19, 2012
O'Day Daysailor 17 Nevis MN
I watched some old guy (probably younger than me) and a kid load a crab boat on a trailer. Their plan was the old guy would drive the boat up hard onto the trailer. Once the boat was on the trailer the kid would pull the truck forward and off they would go. Fastest boat loading you could imagine. What happened was when the kid pulled the truck forward and the trailer came out from under the boat. The boat smashed hard onto the concrete ramp damaging the out-drive and putting a big hole in the hull.

The old guy was pissed at the kid for pulling up too quickly but we all know it was his own fault for trying to pull-off such a stunt. Like kjretlaw said, "Never rush. Be safe."

Great entertainment.

Jun 6, 2006
currently boatless wishing Harrington Harbor North, MD
There is alway an optimist everywhere you go. "it did not sink it achieved negative buoyancy"

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Clearly amphibious. In a month or two it'll grow lungs and lose its gills.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Kermie, should we express concern that your relatives might crawl out someplace and, oh, I dunno, run for prez?