OK- on this the third day of Christmas- what did your true love bring YOU ? :)

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
we got ourselves new KitchenAid convection wall oven, warming drawer, and overhead convection microwave. I had to play cabinet maker, electrician and grunt to remove the old and install the new. I'm too old for this. But I'm cheap too!

Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
Sounds corny, but after 60 years, all I want is true love, and I have that. What I want is less "stuff," not more. If I actually wanted it, I bought it by now. I bought too much.

I would say my sailing gear highlight for the season is probably Gill waterproof socks. I can wear deck shoes in the nastiest cold and wet. Also great for cold weather cycling.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
electric winch handle looks very expensive. let us know how you like it.
I'll try to remember to say something when I finally try it. June is a long ways off. :(

John Haries from Affordable Adventure Cruising gave it a very thorough and positive review. I look forward to confirming his opinion. At this point in my life, anything that makes sailing easier and less strenuous will increase my sailing time. And the next time my wife decides we should sail 10 miles upwind in a narrow channel with 20 knots of wind, she can do the grinding!

I bought it from Binnacle.com, roughly the Canadian equivalent of Defender at a very favorable price.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Sounds corny, but after 60 years, all I want is true love, and I have that. What I want is less "stuff," not more. If I actually wanted it, I bought it by now. I bought too much.

I would say my sailing gear highlight for the season is probably Gill waterproof socks. I can wear deck shoes in the nastiest cold and wet. Also great for cold weather cycling.
Have you tried Sealskin Socks? Warm, waterproof, and pricey, but who wants cold feet? I have a couple of pairs and a watch cap, good kit.

And the things that I actually want, I buy, too. I am fortunate in finding someone to spend my days with, it took a while and a few tries, but in the end that is priceless.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
Gosh, for the first time in years, I can contribute to a thread like this! I got a pair of Dubarry leather sailing boot! YEAH!

dj

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
I got a few boat bits. For the spinaker a new halyard block, sheet block and low friction ring for the tack line. For the outboard a Doel Fin on @Hunter216 recommendation. And a sailing calendar so I have something to stare at in the middle of January.
IMG_20201225_153242_700.jpg

Jul 29, 2004
Hunter 340 Lake Lanier, GA
A 21 year old holding tank hose. With the big blisters and rusty looking places, I can't believe it wasn't leaking.

New hose pulled through and ready for final trimming and connection.

20201229_152026.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
Have you tried Sealskin Socks? Warm, waterproof, and pricey, but who wants cold feet? ...
Yes, pretty much the same thing. Same tech, same performance.

Waterproof socks have come a long way from the early days. I was wearing Goretex shoes (actually very light boots, like sneakers with high tops) in the winter, but I like the waterproof sock/deckshoe combo better most days. More nimble.

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
This should save me enough money on fuel to afford a couple more boats next year. just need to find a hitch for it and I'll be all set :laugh:
IMG_0428.jpeg

• Ha
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Have you tried Sealskin Socks? Warm, waterproof, and pricey, but who wants cold feet
:plus: for Sealskin Socks. WM had a sale on them in January of 2019. I bought a pair for our winter sail. They worked as advertised. Warm feet. No problems. Fit comfortably in my winter sailing boots.

I would buy them again. They stood up to the worst BC Canadian Winter weather in 60 years.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
+1 to that. I am still not finished with getting rid of stuff, nevermind getting more.

They stood up to the worst BC Canadian Winter weather in 60 years
Living on the prairies, I don't think many of the rest of us, see that as that bad. HeHe.
(FWIW: i hated winters on the island. I would much rather have snow, sunshine and cold, over rain rain clouds and snow)

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
No official gifts this year.

That said, my amazing wife:
- makes me perfectly prepared Cappuccinos every morning
- goes sailing with me, so I am not alone while I embarrass myself.
- helps with any crazy project i get involved in.

Can anyone spare "all the tea in china" ? She would likely love that as a gift and is worth it.

We bought a Chevrolet Volt for her, back in August, so we figure that's our gift.