Oil Presure Alarm M25XPB

Jan 8, 2017
Catalina 310 San Francisco
Hello all,
Thank you for all the input on repair options for oil pressure warning light and alarm activated. After removing a small amount of oil and replacing the oil filter and having no success, I replaced the oil pressure switch and was successful. No alarm! With the engine running, I tested the switch by removing both of the terminals one at a time. With one terminal removed, either the light or the alarm at the helm would activate depending on which terminal was removed from the switch. A quick test cruise proved that the intermittent alarm issue was indeed no longer an issue. However, I have noticed that with the ignition in the on position and the engine not started, I am not hearing a warning alarm or seeing the warning light for oil pressure. In the past, when the engine was shut down with ignition on, the alarm/light was active. Could this be an issue with the wires being attached to the wrong terminals (there are two terminals on the switch)? Any advice would be helpful and thank you!
Anthony

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
IIRC the universal part has only one connection. So you may have a combo switch. Are they labeled WK and G?? If so WK is what you wire into the alarm and G goes to a analogue oil pressure gauge. WK should open when it reaches 5-7 psi, it conducts to ground below that pressure. It does conduct thru the threads on the transducer so most don't recommend teflon tape

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
looking at the diagram if the alarm isn't working then look at the circuit breaker - it may be tripped - your fuel pump would also not be running, which isn't a problem until fuel level gets very low.