Oh Yeah! Just when the boat is put to bed.

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
Although it is clear in this Waggoner article, I cannot find any news release or US government statement that specifically states that the US border is open to Canadians for non-essential travel for "private vessels". Car - yes, ferry - yes, commercial vessel - yes, but no mention of private or recreational vessels. Unfortunately Waggoner's did not provide a reference or source.

U.S. BORDER OPENS NOVEMBER 8 FOR FULLY VACCINATED INTERNATIONAL TRAVELERS

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
It is a test.
Will you attempt the crossing and be rewarded?

Or rejected for your impotence impudence at thinking the northern border is any bit like the southern border.

Choose wisely.

I for one think it is a bit of a crap shoot. One never knows when 7's will show up.

Oct 22, 2014
I just read the article...
Effective November 8, international visitors may enter the U.S. by land, ferry, or private vessel for non-essential travel. Only those who are fully vaccinated will be allowed to enter. Proof of vaccination will be required if selected for random screening. It has been reported that Covid-19 testing will not be required to enter the U.S. by land or sea, provided visitors are fully vaccinated. A negative Covid-19 test is still required to board a flight to the U.S. along with proof of vaccination. Essential workers that were previously allowed to cross into the U.S. border without having been inoculated, must now be fully vaccinated by January 2022. To be considered “fully vaccinated,” two weeks must have elapsed after receiving the second vaccine dose.

This implies that you can come and see your friends below the 49th parallel. Whether or not you can return to the mother country after such an adventure is not specified. I would hope so.

Oct 22, 2014
In October, I had no issues crossing in either direction. I thought the procedures for entering Canada went more smoothly than my return to the US.

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
I just read the article...
Effective November 8, international visitors may enter the U.S. by land, ferry, or private vessel for non-essential travel. Only those who are fully vaccinated will be allowed to enter. Proof of vaccination will be required if selected for random screening. It has been reported that Covid-19 testing will not be required to enter the U.S. by land or sea, provided visitors are fully vaccinated. A negative Covid-19 test is still required to board a flight to the U.S. along with proof of vaccination. Essential workers that were previously allowed to cross into the U.S. border without having been inoculated, must now be fully vaccinated by January 2022. To be considered “fully vaccinated,” two weeks must have elapsed after receiving the second vaccine dose.

This implies that you can come and see your friends below the 49th parallel. Whether or not you can return to the mother country after such an adventure is not specified. I would hope so.
John I cannot find any gov statement/news article/news story/etc that verifies entry of international visitors by private vessels into the US for nonessential travel other than the Waggoner's article.
I thought the procedures for entering Canada went more smoothly than my return to the US.
Other than the pricey COVID-19 negative molecular test (ex PCR) results required to enter Canada by land, sea or air. Free to most US residents, not so for Canadians. Even the rapid antigen tests required to enter the US are not free to Canadians although this is only required for entering the US by air.

Oct 22, 2014
The PCR test as not free if you want to get the results in time to meet the visit deadline.

It was worth the experience, only wish I had had more time and a weather window that did not create concern for me.

I submitted a query to the CBP regarding the use of ROAM and access to the US by contacting the nearest Land POE to their border crossing.

Your message was submitted successfully!
Thanks for submitting your question. Use this reference number for follow-up: # 211101-3216819
Our average response time for emails is about 3-5 business days. If you require immediate assistance or you have an urgent matter, please contact us at 1-877-227-5511 or (202) 325-8000. Thank you!

https://help.cbp.gov/s/

Oct 10, 2019
Signet 20 0 Ithaca
Seems like maybe the word you wanted was "impudence" meaning you're kind of uppity, not "impotence" which means you're kind of un-uppity, if you get my drift...

Oct 22, 2014
Thanks Mr. Dave. Perhaps a touch of Malapropism infected my fingers.