Oh Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2008
Endeavour 32 Portland, Maine
Oh why did I mention root canals in my last post. I was just flossing and the gold crown on my lower rear molar popped off taking with it the packing of a root canal that was performed by drilling through the gold (the crown installation irritated the nerve and it required the root canal shortly after).

I'm a couple days from Charleston and it looks like I will have to stop there and look for a dentists. It already hurts.

Just when I was gearing up for a record run north.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Gloucester, VA
The the absolute fear I have flossing around mine. I have the same condition.

Apr 22, 2001
Hunter 420 Norfolk, VA
Oh why did I mention root canals in my last post. I was just flossing and the gold crown on my lower rear molar popped off taking with it the packing of a root canal that was performed by drilling through the gold (the crown installation irritated the nerve and it required the root canal shortly after).

I'm a couple days from Charleston and it looks like I will have to stop there and look for a dentists. It already hurts.

Just when I was gearing up for a record run north.

Oh WHY ? ... 'cause you never make fun of the tooth gods ..:)

Don't worry Rodger ... I'll take are of your tooth ..
AND, if the Gilmerton bridge is still closed when you get here, just tie up at Great Bridge and I'll come get you.
Now that's service, taxi cab and dentistry all in one.

weinie

Sep 6, 2010
Jeanneau 349 port washington, ny
Forget old painless! Tie one end of a string to your tooth and the other to the end of your boom, wait for a decent blow, and....

JIBE HO!

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Man.. not good.. some West System and a little colloidal filler and poof .. Sounds like Buck has a better fix.. neat the way the forum can get contacts to the right folks !

Dec 1, 1999
Hunter 28.5 Chesapeake Bay
I hate to think about how many "boat units" I have in my mouth.... or how many boats I've bought for my dentist. Good luck with this, Roger.

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
1976 formosa 41 yankee clipper santa barbara. ca.(not there)
ouch. is saying to stay south.....hmmmmmmmmm...hope it all goes well for ye.

Nov 22, 2008
Endeavour 32 Portland, Maine
Jaw really hurt in the cold wind this morning but got steadily better all day. The pain is clearly from the food that got into the gums around the tooth, why I was flossing so deeply in the first place.

After consultation with Buck420, one of our resident SBO dentists, I'm going to wait until he can look at it in Norfolk. My temporary patch is holding and I've got lots of cans of soup on board that I never seem to get around to eating.

It's just one more reason to get to Norfolk as soon as possible. 50 miles today makes 16% of the distance from Beaufort covered in one and a half days. I've got a good chance of getting there before the Gillmerton Bridge reopens on the 16 th but I can leave the boat at Great Bridge for a while.

New post about the day will appear shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.