Oh no!!

Nov 19, 2008
Catalina C-22 MK-II Parrish, FL
We drove out to check on the boat and our RV that's in a storage yard close to the coast where the storm is concentrated. They were fine, so there seemed to be a lull in the storm, so we got a cup of coffee and drove out to Anna Marie Island to check things out. Driving home the weather started to really pick up. As we crossed the bridge across the ICW to the mainland, there was a fairly large sailboat that had broken loose and was up against the bridge. The wind was pushing it into the bridge and it was taking a beating. I'm sure the rigging soon failed after we passed, and probably lost the mast. We seen another sailboat on a mooring where the rigging had failed, the mast snapped in two, and the boom with the sail attached was in the water. Most of the bad weather in the Sarasota area was west of I-75, and we live about 4 miles east of I-75. The bad portion will be pass us overnight. So we survived our first major storm at the new house!

May 19, 2014
Catalina 22 #13555 Lake Winnebago, Oshkosh, WI
Good luck to you all in the midst of this. Hope no one was caught underway.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Ugh.
Isn't this really early for storms like this ?

Not Lane. Hoosier Daddy is a New Style.

Good luck to the guy on that boat, and everyone else in this storm's path !

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
We got nothing around here but a good steady rain. I did hear some pretty ferocious thunder off in the distance though.

It scared my dog. She tried to jump in bed with us, and when I wouldn't let her stay, she went out and crapped on the kitchen floor.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Nope not early.. the season starts on June 1. There was one in January, now that one was early!

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
I'm in St. Pete, and it wasn't terrible. Gusts to 35 or so, crosswise to my slip. The marina had some minor dock damage, and various boats took canvas damage, but we took off our bimini and stowed it below. My wife says there is water in the boat, that apparently is from the companionway slider. The plexiglass is bowed enough to accumulate some water. With the boat rocking side to side, that apparently got dumped every so often. Rinse and repeat for 36 hours. I'm headed to look at it now.

Last edited:

bushav

Aug 18, 2015
Catalina 22 Panama City, FL
Whew! Wasn't us. I hope we didn't worry you guys. Lee and ducked into Marathon City Marina to let Colin pass. We stayed on the mooring ball three nights. Used the time to bus down to Key West and get a hotel room. All in all we spent four nights on the boat and one night in a hotel. Interesting trip. Weather didn't cooperate very well. I'll post a write up. We also have some great video which I'll post after editing.

Lane