# of Thru-hulls

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike

New owner of 1986 catalina 27 tall rig. I'm heading to the boat next week to do some minor work on it. I was just trying to think of all the thru-hulls: -Engine raw water intake -Head intake -Mancerator pump -what am I missing?

G

Garry @ S/V TASHTEGO

2 more

You actually have two more that Bob didn't mention. They are the two for the cockpit drains. They are aft, visible in the engine compartment and of the "volcano" type without valves. The four regular thruhulls on TASHTEGO, which I have replaced with bronze, are: 1. The 3/4" head intake. 2. The 1 1/4" head out-to-sea fitting (only used when outside the no discharge region). 3. The 3/4" sink/icebox drain. 4. The 3/4" thruhull/strainer for engine cooling water inlet. In addition there are the two cockpit drains. There are thruhulls through the transom for the bilge pump outlet, the engine exhaust and the propane locker drain. The cockpit drains and the transom thruhulls are not reachable without pulling the engine as far as I can tell. If you have an outboard you can probably crawl right up to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.