OEM MICROWAVE OVEN REPLACEMENT

Apr 11, 2005
- - Houston
How do I remove the Sharpe Carousel Microwave that came with my 2000 Hunter 450 Passage? There is a wooden strip blocking my ability to slide it out of its slot on the countertop adjacent to the freezer lid (presumably to prevent it sliding out when the boat heeled hard to starboard). I don't see any screws holding it there and there's no access from within the freezer itself (below).
Help!

Aug 21, 2017
Sunfish Thistle NY
Why don't you remove the wood strip and see what happens. The microwave oven might come out without you having to do anything else.

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
Check the "wood strip" for plugs/bungs that hide the screw heads in countersunk holes. Hunter did that on a lot of their wood cabinetry.
And, if you havent bought a replacement oven yet, consider a convection/microwave all in one. It makes baking a breeze.
I have used one for years.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
You might consider consult with the ex-Hunter engineer/construction guys on this site.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I will place a bet... A crowbar could work...

Oh you mean remove the microwave with out damage to the boat..
Never mind.

Jun 14, 2007
Hunter 45cc Florida
On my 45cc the trim is pressed into 4 plastic clips which holds the trim in place. 2 on each vertical side and none on the horizontal sides. Find a tool that will fit in the gap between the microwave and trim and pull in one of the corners. Should pull free of the clip.