OEM for mast - C310 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2006
-Catalina C310 RNSYS
Good evening all:

Several days ago I was surprised to learn from North Sails that our mast was not manufactured by Selden. I had always thought they were the OEM for the spar.

Does anyone know who Catalina used as the supplier for the masts in the C310 circa 2002?

I am looking to install a halyard exit for a spare halyard I will use on the spare jib sheave on the masthead. I was using the sheave until I re-rigged for an A-Sym Spin. last year. I intend to install the spare jib back as a back up and for the ATN gale sail I have just ordered.

Regards

Chris

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
In Mast Furling or Traditional

Several years ago when I was adding a spinnaker ring I tried to find out. It runs out that Charleston Spar (who I think is now owned by Selden) made the mast for boats that have in mast furling. From what I can tell, those of us with standard flaking mains that our masts were made by Catalina in-house, but I was never able to confirm that.

If you are looking to add a halyard exit it would seem that you could estimate where you want it and use one from just about anyone (e.g. Garhauer, Schaeffer, Harken, etc.).

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 310 Scott Creek, VA
I had issues with the sheaves on my 2003 with a standard main. Catalina told me it is a Charleston spar when I was looking for replacement sheaves. I cut in a new exit when I installed a spin halyard, it is not hard to do (they had installed one up top but not an exit at the base).

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.