O'Day IC

Dec 30, 2018
O'Day 26 Onset, MA
I bought an InterClub to use as a dinghy for my 26. At least that's what I told the wife. The truth is, over the winter I'm going to find a trailer for it and make this my harbor sailor and training vessel for the kiddos (because it turns out throwing three kids under 13 onto a 26 and yelling terms they've never heard before isn't an effective teaching method).

Overall its in decent shape. Someone made a couple lousy attempts at fiberglass patching, but I can grind them to an acceptable place. The topside paint job is in pretty bad shape, it's spider cracked everywhere. I'm going to do my best to fix the gel coat before repainting.

The sail is in "fair" condition. Which is all I can expect considering the age. If anyone has something with 72' sq ft kicking around, I probably wouldn't pass it up.

In any case, I'm pretty excited about it. It was only $300 with all new rigging, I couldn't pass it up. Plus it'll give me a great winter project.

Jun 2, 2004
Oday Day Sailer Wareham, MA
Check out eBay, This past Winter a seller in Pennsylvania had a couple of IC sails listed, old but still usable, price was in the $30 range! They may have sold, but worth keeping an eye out there! I bought a sail for a MIT TECH Dinghy off him, as I say, old, but good enough to let me try out the TECH after I finish restoring. I still have the original main sail for my Widgeon, would need to compare dimensions of that to the IC sail (I think I copied the IC sail dimensions from that listing on eBay?) like the ones from that guy in PA, my old Widgeon main is old but not dead.